: Here is a simple yet delicious no-bake cheesecake recipe. WARNING: Be careful with this. During a hard time in my life, this recipe helped pack an extra 20 pounds on me 😂
Before you start, here are 2 tips to help you thicken your cheesecake:
It is very important to beat the cold heavy cream into peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mix. The point here is to not deflate the air in the whipped cream. The air is what will give your cheesecake a nice texture as well as solidify it.
Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 8 hours. I’ve found that 12 hours is best.
1 Keebler premade graham cracker crust
1 and 1/4 cups heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
Three 8-ounce blocks of full-fat cream cheese. Make sure it reaches room temperature. This makes it soft.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest (optional)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- You can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer that has a whisk attachment. The goal here is to whip the cold heavy cream into stiff peaks. Medium-high speed for 4-5 minutes should do the trick. When done, place it aside.
- Combine your cream cheese and granulated sugar. Use a hand or stand mixer, and beat them together on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Next, add in the confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest (optional), lemon juice, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Beat the mix again for 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed until the ingredients are well mixed and the mixture is smooth (no cream cheese lumps, etc.).
- With a mixer on low speed or your spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture. Again, do this slowly because you want to keep as much air in the whipped cream as possible.
- Add your cheesecake mixture to your premade graham cracker crust.
- Using saran wrap or foil, tightly cover the cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 8 hours (12 hours is best). To make the time fly, have it set overnight.
- Serve cheesecake with whatever toppings you prefer. You keep any leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!