:This recipe is so good, it's worth coming back for seconds.
- 8 ounces of dried pasta, such as ziti, penne or rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Bald Buck Seasoning
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and drained (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
InstructionsHeat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick spray.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and follow the package directions, but cook for 1 to 2 minutes less than the package says. Drain.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, the garlic and Bald Buck seasoning over medium heat until the garlic is lightly browned; about 1 minute. Add tomatoes with their juice and lemon zest. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Toss shrimp with 1 teaspoon olive oil,
In a large bowl, toss together the drained pasta, tomato sauce, shrimp, spinach and half of the feta cheese. Add to the baking dish and top with the remaining feta cheese, bread crumbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
Bake the ziti, covered, until the shrimp are cooked through (they will become firm and opaque); about 15 minutes. Uncover and bake until the cheese and breadcrumbs begin to brown, about 10 minutes, and serve.