2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
2 (14 oz) loaves of day-old brioche, 1” cubes
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup caramel chips
1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1 tbsp cinnamon
For the custard:
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp bourbon
For the Bourbon Caramel Sauce:
- 1 (13.4 oz) can dulce de leche
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Coat the cast iron skillet with the two tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Arrange the cubed brioche in a single layer.
- Sprinkle in half of the white chocolate, caramel chips and cinnamon.
- Add the remaining brioche and top with the remaining white chocolate, caramel and cinnamon.
- Combine the ingredients for the custard and whisk well to combine.
- Pour the custard over the layered bread and let rest for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 24 hours.
- Cover with the lid and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover, turn the oven up to 400ºF and bake until set, and lightly browned, for another 30 minutes.
- While the bread pudding cooks, prepare the Bourbon Caramel Sauce by combining the Dulce de Leche and butter in a sauce pot over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer for one minute, whisking. Remove from heat and add bourbon. Return to heat and reduce for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Serve the bread pudding topped with Bourbon Caramel Sauce.
Source: All thing bbq https://www.atbbq.com/thesauce/recipes/caramel-bread-pudding/